Saturday, June 4, 2011

Another Saturday

Today I went to work at 8 am at McDonalds again. Pretty much did the same things as last week. I heard on the radio that a girl fell off a ferris wheel and died, talk about dangerous playtime. Anyway, its sad, but she should not have sat by herself. So I clean some tables, make some hash browns, baked some apple and the new peach pies. Note, we don't have cherry pies any more, just apple and peach. I say hi to most customers, especially the regulars. I know many of them by name. I then went to the post office after work to pick up my mail. Since I was near the 99 cent store, I went there also. Then I went to Lijen's home, since it was also close to the 99 cent store. Lijen is another one of my friends that is a member of the Buddhist foundation called Tzu Chi. It is a great organization that helps wherever needed, and they came to see me often while I was in the hospital. So Lijen offered me some lemonade and gave me some food to take home (two lemons and two chinese tamales). So now I'm back home at my computer and just payed my landlord three hundred and seventy for the room that I rent. I think its a good price in our weakening economy. I hope the US remains the strongest nation for at least another decade, but we have to face the facts, our debt is just too big! Anyway, live life to the fullest and drivers and bikers be nice to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment